Dinner With the sweet and smoky twist of bacon, this traditional Latin America breakfast dish becomes a delicious side for Santa Maria Style Tri-Tip or Grilled Chicken.
- Fry bacon slivers in a frying pan until golden crisp.
- Pour off grease, leaving approximately 4 tablespoons.
- Add chopped onion and saute until translucent.
- Add minced garlic.
- Add black beans and stir.
- Add cooked rice and bell pepper. Stir.
- Top with cilantro.
- Stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Turn off heat and serve.