This delicious take on corn dogs is perfect for Halloween parties and pre-trick-or-treat eats…or even as a breakfast snack!
Recipe created especially for Hoffy by Chef Jamie Gwen.
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Coat 2 mini muffin pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, milk and honey or maple syrup. Add both boxes of cornbread mix and use a fork to combine. Do not over mix. Let the batter rest for 2 minutes, then stir again.
- Cut the Hoffy Hot Dogs into 1-inch pieces.
- Spoon one heaping tablespoon of batter into each mini-muffin cup. Place one hot dog bite into the middle of each muffin cup.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then serve.
- Chef’s Tip: To make a saucy spider web, fill a small bowl with ketchup. Squeeze two circles of mustard on top of the ketchup and put a dot of mustard in the middle of the bowl. Use a toothpick to pull the mustard out from the center to make a spider web.